HealthDogs

Feeding a 3 Week Old Puppy

I have a 3 week old puppy that I have been bottle feeding due to the momma dying. All he does is sleep and when I try to feed him he just spits out the nipple of the bottle. I'm starting to get worried. I do make sure he does drink the milk by using a syringe. Is there anything else I can do?

Best Answer

What are you feeding him? He needs puppy replacer, which is a special milk for puppies. Is it a puppy bottle you are using? Because a people bottle/nipple would not be the right size for him or allow the milk to come out at the right rate.

Best Answer

You can massage his throat and he will swallow. That's what we did when my sister's dog had to take pills.