Finding A Child Given Up for Adoption

Locating a person who was given up for adoption varies from state to state. It can be costly and require an advocate. This is a guide about finding a child given up for adoption.

Can anyone tell me how I can find my children who were adopted out by the State of Florida. Something at no cost to me?

By Teri from Lady Lake, FL

Answers

Check this link:

http://www.isrr  gistration.shtml

It will take you to the International Soundex Reunion Registry (a non-profit org); adopted children as well as bio parents, grandparents and other family members can sign up for this. While they accept donations, there is no cost.

You'll be in a database; if they are over 18 and looking for you (or the other way around...after they are 18) the ISRR contacts either of you and can get things going.

There are also a lot of links to adoption & reunion topics. It's a great site.

I'm on there, waiting until a family member (not my child) may possibly come of age and hopefully begin looking for bio family.

Also, don't know if Florida's Children & Family services have this, but in a lot of states, they also have adoptee/bio databases run by the state governments that permit you to file your contact info if your case was a state/county-mandated adoption; when the child reaches adulthood, if they choose to look at that database, you're in there. That's also generally free.

Good luck in your search.