To Top

Finding Children Given Up for Adoption

Can anyone tell me how I can find my children who were adopted out by the State of Florida. Something at no cost to me?

By Teri from Lady Lake, FL


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

December 31, 20090 found this helpful

Check this link:

http://www.isrr … gistration.shtml

It will take you to the International Soundex Reunion Registry (a non-profit org); adopted children as well as bio parents, grandparents and other family members can sign up for this. While they accept donations, there is no cost.

You'll be in a database; if they are over 18 and looking for you (or the other way around...after they are 18) the ISRR contacts either of you and can get things going.

There are also a lot of links to adoption & reunion topics. It's a great site.

I'm on there, waiting until a family member (not my child) may possibly come of age and hopefully begin looking for bio family.


Also, don't know if Florida's Children & Family services have this, but in a lot of states, they also have adoptee/bio databases run by the state governments that permit you to file your contact info if your case was a state/county-mandated adoption; when the child reaches adulthood, if they choose to look at that database, you're in there. That's also generally free.

Good luck in your search.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
In This Guide
Finding A Child Given Up for Adoption
Parenting AdoptionDecember 28, 2009
A family at an animal shelter.
Services Offered at Animal Shelters
Rottweiler Mix
Rottweiler Mix Photos and Information
Neglected Dog
Caring for a Neglected Dog
Three kids laying in the grass.
Adopting a Foster Child
Thanksgiving Ideas!
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Published by .

Generated 2017/10/16 09:28:41 in 581 msecs. ⛅️️
Loading Something Awesome!