Finding the Value of Old Children's Books

Category Books
Old, out of print books can sometimes be quite valuable. This is a guide about finding the value of old children's books.

I have a book titled Children's Treasury of Great Stories I can not find a copyright date. I also have The Children's Treasure House, 1935. I am wanting to check possible value.

Some children's books are collectible but usually in pristine condition. You can try online searches for possible value.

How many volumes in each set? I am looking for a set from 1950's or older, 20-some volumes starting with nursery rhyme light blue color books progressing to blue, light green, green and black for high school reading level.

I have a set of ten volumes of "the First Book Library" written in 1957 on a variety of subjects in each book. Archeology, codes and cyphers, prehistoric animals are all in one book. There are lots of pictures and it is easy to read.

Many people have old books they think are valuable and would like to sell. Most old dictionaries, references etc., have very little value, a few dollars at most. Encyclopedias dated after 1923 are essentially worthless but crafters may be interested for the old pictures. Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc., receive donations of tons of old encyclopedias, dictionaries and reference books but send them to recycling centers or dumps as they cannot use or sell them.

You can check online for old book collectors, on EBay, Craigs List and other retail sites for possibilities. Everything is now online and updated constantly so old books are just that-old.