Fireplace Breast Paint Color Advice

Please could you advise on colours for my lounge? The walls are all white and I was thinking of painting or wallpapering the chimney breast in a colour to complement the curtains which have a top section of red/burgundy colour with a mix of cream and the same red/burgundy of thin lines of flower/ leaves. The sofa is a brown leather and I have a light laminate floor.

Many thanks.

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

I would not draw attention to the chimney breast. I would paint it the same color as the walls

Thank you very much for your advice.

You do not say or show how large a room we are discussing or if the fireplace is narrow or wide.
How many windows? If you have plenty of wall space you could paint any part of the chimney wall/breast but is wall space is limited it would probably be better to stay with a very light cream and if burgundy is needed you can paint some accents on the mantel or add some burgundy wall pieces.
A really nice fireplace can make a room look larger or smaller so think about the size of your room before deciding. If space is needed you might want to add a mirror over the fireplace.

Try looking at some of the pictures on Google and maybe think about how to work some color and design into your scheme.

https://www.goo  1525&bih=701

https://www.pin  ce-accent-walls/

Thank you I shall look at what you advised.

Have it match the wall to make the room look bigger. Add accessories to the top and around for depth.