Fish Sticks in Mozzarella Blankets
I was thinking about making shawarma. I am making a twist on the pita bread because I don't have the right ingredients for the whole shawarma recipe. I turned a fish loaf into something interesting.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 10
Total Time: 20
Yield: approximately 15 sticks
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 pinches instant yeast in 3 Tbsp. warm water
- fish loaf cut into sticks
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Mix flour, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Pour yeast mixture and 3 Tbsp. melted butter into dough, and then mix. Set aside the remaining butter.
- Add in some milk if it needs more liquid. Mix well until the dry and wet ingredients are fully incorporated.
- I don't have a kneading table so I took a wide piece of aluminum foil. I put it in the dining table and started to work on the dough. So before rolling it, be sure to dust the foil with flour to avoid sticking.
- Flatten the dough and gradually sprinkle half of the entire grated mozzarella as you fold and roll it several times.
- Cut the dough into small pieces.
- Flatten each piece to make it a little thinner. Then prick each with a fork.
- Now get a fish stick and a pinch of mozzarella then place it on the blanket and roll.
- Brush the rolls with remaining melted butter.
- Bake on high for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy. Best served with ketchup or mayonnaise.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!