FishRecipes

Fish Sticks in Mozzarella Blankets

I was thinking about making shawarma. I am making a twist on the pita bread because I don't have the right ingredients for the whole shawarma recipe. I turned a fish loaf into something interesting.

Prep Time: 10

Cook Time: 10

Total Time: 20

Yield: approximately 15 sticks

1. Mix flour, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl until well combined.
  2. Pour yeast mixture and 3 Tbsp. melted butter into dough, and then mix. Set aside the remaining butter.
  3. Add in some milk if it needs more liquid. Mix well until the dry and wet ingredients are fully incorporated.
  4. I don't have a kneading table so I took a wide piece of aluminum foil. I put it in the dining table and started to work on the dough. So before rolling it, be sure to dust the foil with flour to avoid sticking.
  5. Flatten the dough and gradually sprinkle half of the entire grated mozzarella as you fold and roll it several times.
  6. Cut the dough into small pieces.
  7. Flatten each piece to make it a little thinner. Then prick each with a fork.
  8. Now get a fish stick and a pinch of mozzarella then place it on the blanket and roll.
  9. Brush the rolls with remaining melted butter.
  10. Bake on high for 10 minutes.
  11. Ad

12. Serve and enjoy. Best served with ketchup or mayonnaise.