TacosMexican

Fish Tacos with Lime Crema

Vote for this contest contender!

I adore fish tacos! They are so fresh and zesty. But they can be even fresher (and so much cheaper) when you make them yourself. These tacos came out to about a buck a serving, and I even used my toaster oven. I'd buy that for a dollar! :)

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

1. Preheat oven to 425 F. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon lime juice, half the zest of a lime, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Place in fridge.
  2. Cover filets of fish in 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika, coriander, red pepper powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Place fish onto a greased piece of foil on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes.
  3. Transfer baked fish to a plate and break into chunks with a fork.
  4. Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds to soften.
  5. Place fish, lettuce, cilantro on tortillas, then drizzle lime crema on top with a spoon. Serve with lime wedges.

I absolutely adore fish taco's too! I've not made them like this, but yours here, with all of these wonderful ingredients, looks so yummy, I'm going to, and I can't wait.

They look so delicious I wish I had the ingredients right now to make them. :)

Thank you Attosa for your wonderful cooking recipes.

Hi Suz! I can't wait for you to try these. They are delicious. I love them with a side of roasted, shucked corn with queso fresco and lime juice!

One of my friends had asked if he could have his tortillas crisped up in the pan, and I totally thought of you while I did it! :)

Oh yum, that sounds like the perfect side dish to go with these incredible fish tacos you've got here. I've never had corn like that, but I looked it up, and yep...I'll have to try that too. Thank you. :)