Fixing a Bowl That Was Warped by a Dishwasher

Category Kitchen
The heat in a dishwasher can change the shape of plastic bowls. You can try boiling water or a blow dryer to try to reshape it. This is a guide about fixing a bowl that was warped by a dishwasher.

Someone at my home used the heated dry on my dishwasher and the lip of my food processor bowl is now bowed out a bit and the lid will not fit properly for use. Has anyone experienced this? If so, did you attempt to reshape the lip of the bowl? How?

Answers

Best Answer

I would use a hot blowdryer and try to reshape it.

Best Answer

You can try reshaping it in boiling water but you would need the proper gloves for handling this. Try the blowdryer but it might not be hefty enough. I just got a knock-of replacement for mine last year on eBay for $10

I wonder if you could get a replacement online?

You could try any of these remedies but I do not believe the bowl will ever work properly again. eBay and other sites sell generic replacements for a reasonable cost (maybe that "someone" at your house who did this could pay for the replacement?).

Google your food processor name and model number replacement bowl and you will probably find several low cost offers.