Fixing a Crack in Mobile Home Ceiling?

My 14 year old home has a crack in the stucco ceiling the width of hall (4ft approx.), where hall meets living room. It was fixed before by the manufacturer, but cracked when the seasons changed and the home shifted. I have no experience with renovation. I am an elderly lady and will likely get someone to come fix it, but can't afford errors. Where do I start and what do I need to know? Thankyou for your insight.

By Cindy N

I suspect if it has cracked twice now, and does so everytime that that the seasons change and your home shifts, that you should just learn to live with that crack. There is no way to fix it so it won't crack if it does so whenever your house shifts. If you decided to improve the foundation your home sits upon, so that it didn't shift, than you might have a chance. Now, I am no home reno expert, but it seems to me that you have described a situation that is unfixable. The problem you describe is exactly the reason that mobile homes used to have ceilings made from "wallboard", rather than gyprock and textured paint.

Home and Garden Repair Home CeilingOctober 31, 2014
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Fixing-a-Crack-in-Mobile-Home-Ceiling.html