This is a recipe we discovered in our local fish market. Vendors claimed it to be fish balls but obviously when you take a bite on it you'll never taste anything but flour and spices. So my husband and I called it "fake balls" or flour balls. But we both do loved it actually and I will show you how it's cooked. This is one famous street food that the locals sell for a living and many tourist would even come and go to buy them.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium sized red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put together flour, salt, pepper (powder), chopped onions and garlic.
- Break the egg and stir mixture.
- Add water and mix until batter is completely blended.
- Scoop a teaspoon of the batter.
- Drop it into boiling hot oil and cook until brown.
- Remove in pan when cooked and place in a strainer to drain excess oil.
- Put balls in skewer. 5 pieces in each stick.
- Serve with barbecue or sweet and sour sauce.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!