Flourless Almond Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
I made these specifically for my friend with a peanut allergy, and loves them to bits. If you'd like this to be truly gluten free, use gluten-free oats. Most standard oats are processed in places that handle wheat, so be sure the packaging reads that it is gluten-free. I make these in my toaster oven quite frequently, and just up the baking time by about 4 minutes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16-18 cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a bowl, whisk together the oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix together the almond butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla until super smooth.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons for each cookie onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until edges are golden. Cool a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool all the way.
These are excellent flourless cookies that use almond butter instead of oil or butter. You can swap out the almond butter with peanut butter if you like.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!