Flower Girl Kid Collage Activity
Vote for this contest contender!
Here is a collage just for the girls. It is a fun activity for the summer!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: one collage artwork
- A4 printout of the provided pattern sheet - click here to download
- small piece of cerise pink fabric
- small piece of pink embroidered lace fabric
- A5 sized baby pink cardstock
- curly brown synthetic doll hair
- pair of 5mm wiggle eyes
- two small yellow butterfly rhinestones
- acrylic paint: baby blue and turquoise
- flesh colored coloring pencil
- colored felt-tip pens: red; pink; maroon; dark green; light green; brown and neon yellow
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- large petal palm punch from XCut, code XCU 261811
- sponge - use one that was inside a medicine bottle
- standard scissors
- Cut a dress for the flower girl - a top from the cerise pink fabric; a skirt from the pink embroidered lace fabric and a frill from the pink cardstock. Glue all the pieces in place. (Depending on the girl's age, mom might need to help cutting out the clothes.)
- Color the head, arms, and legs with the flesh colored pencil.
- Use the maroon felt-tip pen to add detail to the frill, and to add a beaded necklace and bangle.
- Glue the hair and wiggle eyes in place. Then, use the red and pink felt-tip pens to add a mouth and rosy cheeks.
- Now add the sky - use the two colors of blue to sponge paint two thirds of the paper around the doll.
- Use the dark green; light green; brown; and neon yellow felt-tip pens to add grass to the bottom third of the page.
- Punch 7 flowers from the pink cardstock and glue them to the page. Do not glue them down completely, so that you can bend the petals of each flower slightly upward. Use the brown and maroon felt-tip pens to add detail to the flowers.
- Glue the butterflies in place.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!