Footprints Left on Laminate Floors

This is my dilemma. I have Shaw laminate floors. I have had them for 5 months. I have used the Bona, Shaw, and vinegar and water. Nothing but nothing so far has kept them from getting footprints and streaks on them within an half hour after cleaning. Please if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it if, you would share. Thanks!

By Eve Cabiya C. from Beavercreek, OH

Contact your floor manufacturer for safest tips!

I have used both Pergo brand and ZEP brand on laminate flooring with complete satisfaction.

astonish jasmine /wild berry floor cleaner followed by astonish/floor .polish

Anonymous

I hate to tell you this, but it is just how it is. Shiny floors, and people, pets or children mean it will not stay clean. I rue the day I bought them. When they are clean (for 20 minutes) they are lovely.

I vaccum, sweep and mop many times a week. Vinegar , water and alcohol are the best cleaners, but nothing prevents spots, footprints and everything else from showing. I just have started telling myself, that it is clean enough. Sorry!

Anonymous

I went through the same thing and finally found the answer. I buffed the floor with a towel after washing it and it seemed to be the answer so I bought a home floor buffer. Then I found Thomasville laminate floor cleaner and it didn't leave a film. I found it in wallmart, but they recently stopped carrying it, so I used bona and sure enough the film is back. I had to order Thomasville on line, but when I use it I don't have to buff. It has taken me more then a year to find the right stuff...Thomasville Laminate floor Cleaner. Good luck