Foster Kittens Growling and Hissing at Female Cat

I am fostering two little 12 week old kittens (both female). They are fixed and vetted. They both hiss and growl at my adult female only, but not the 3 males I have. What can I do to help them out?

A couple of tricks you can try:

1. Since you are only a foster care provider for the cats and aren't sure when they will be adopted you will need to help them adjust to your home.
  2. I would keep the two foster cats away from the other female in your home for the time being.
  3. Leave them in a room alone with their own food dishes and litter box.
  4. You will need to start slowly introducing them into the home and to your female cat.
  5. Take it slow because it could be several days before the two kittens adjust and stop hissing at your other cat.
  6. Supervise the small kitten when you have them out of their room.
  7. I would also try and take a few items of your female cat and add them to the room where the kittens are.

This will help them learn the smell of your female cat in your home.
  8. If you don't have anything of hers you can take a shirt or towel and rub it on her chest to get her smell on this. Now place this in the room with the kittens.
  9. This will take time but they will adjust to each other if you go about it slowly.

Separate the kittens from the female, and leave a blanket with the females scent with them so they can get used to it.