Freezing Cheesecake?

Category Baked Goods
Whether baking ahead or storing leftovers, cheesecake can be kept in the freezer for a period of time. This is a page about freezing cheesecake.

I'm making a cheesecake for the holidays. It's huge though (13x9), and I expect that I'll have leftovers. It's cooked. Can I freeze it without sacrificing quality?

Polly from Cedar Springs, MI

Answers

Absolutely! I regularly make the giant round cheesecakes to bring places. I always make them in advance so that I can freeze them. Once frozen I can pop them off the bottom of the springform pan and place on my serving plate or one of those moisture resistant cardboard cake plates for travel. They take most of a day to thaw in the refrigerator. No loss of quality.

Also to make it easier getting your cheesecake off of a springform pan, whether you are moving the whole cake or just serving from it, bake the cake with the bottom of the pan in upside down so that the lip is facing down instead of up.

By chris t. (Guest Post)

I used to make cakes & pies & sell them. Yes, you can freeze cheesecakes.

You must seal it well, zip lock or something like that, then freeze. It lasts for quite a while.

The Cheese Cake Factory freezes theirs and they are good.
(But my Jane's recipe is better) If you wrap in slices to freeze, you can thew a piece or two at a time.

PLUS you could share, take a piece or two to elderly neighbors. They are not likely to be making cheese cake for themselves. A yummy treat for everyone.

Seasons Greetings to all. GG Vi

Food and Recipes Freezing Baked GoodsFebruary 6, 2013
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Freezing-Cheesecake-1.html