Freezing Corn on the Cob

Is it OK to freeze corn on the cob without blanching the cobs?

By TerriSebring from Conway, SC

Answers:

Freezing Corn on the Cob

You can freeze corn with no preparation if you leave the husks on. (07/02/2009)

By Fortunately

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I take the husks off the corn, trim ends if needed and either wrap individually in foil or put several pieces in a plastic freezer bag. When I am ready to eat some (I live alone so use one at a time), I unwrap the foil or take one out of the bag, wrap it in paper towels, and nuke it in microwave for about 3 minutes, sometimes less. Ready to butter it and salt it if that is your choice. Be careful, it will be hot at first. (07/05/2009)

By knitter926

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I have tried blanching and not blanching. The "not blanched" corn tasted like fresh. I didn't leave it in the husks. When I froze it I just put the number I wanted in the bag, squeezed out the air and sealed. When I wanted to cook it, I got a stock pot with boiling (or almost boiling water) and heated through. To check to see if it is ready, pull one out of the water with tongs, wait a few seconds and touch to see if it is cooked. We all loved it. Tasted just like fresh (even the pickiest eaters). (07/05/2009)

By Ann Marie Rose

Freezing Corn on the Cob

I leave it in the husk, cut both ends off then I put it in a Ziplock freezer bag. When I am ready to cook I take out the amount I want, put in storage bag zip up leaving the end slightly open and microwave 4 minutes if defrosted and 7 if frozen. The corn tastes fresh. (07/05/2009)

By darlooney