Freezing Eggs

Requesting help, please. A neighbor of ours, who sells eggs, has gifted me with 10 dozen eggs. I have given away many of them, but still am left with more than I can comfortably use right now.

How can I freeze them to use in cooking later on? I think I have to separate them and freeze individually, but am looking for a tip on how I will know later on how much of the white and the yoke constitute a regular large egg?

Thanks for any help!
Sandie

Answers:
Freezing Eggs 05/05/2004
No you can't. I did this years ago and I had egg popsicles.
By Dana. (Guest Post)
Freezing Eggs 05/05/2004
I think you can. Yolks and whites have to be separated. Need more info.
By nolasandy (Guest Post)
Freezing Eggs 05/05/2004
Yes you can freeze eggs, I have done this in the past but you won't be able to get sunny side up eggs again. You will be able to use them as scrambled or in recipes. We found out you can freeze them when my neighbors chickens got to laying so much we got sick of anything with eggs in it!! Hope this works for you.
By Terry (Guest Post)
Freezing Eggs 05/05/2004
Yes you can freeze eggs but usually they can only be used for baking afterwards. Make a package of two or three eggs to be froze. Break open the eggs, give them a stir with a fork, put in ziploc freezer bags, and they will keep for quite a while. Hope this helps.
By Pam S. (Guest Post)
Freezing Eggs 05/06/2004
Yes - separate yolks from whites - whites cannot be used for stiffly whipped recipes such as meringues after freezing.

Regards

Jo

By Jo Bodey
Freezing Eggs 05/12/2004
Yes you can freeze eggs. The whites do not need to be seperated from the yolk. I never do it. However you can't freeze an egg in the shell. Well...you can but it isn't a good idea. I like to crack my eggs into an ice cube tray, yolk and all. Then when they are frozen I pop them out and put in a ziploc. Sometimes I scramble with a fork first...sometimes I don't. You will find that when you thaw the eggs they are a tad bit more runny.
By Becky (Guest Post)
Freezing Eggs 11/28/2004
This web site gives information about storing eggs including instructions for freezing.

http://www.eggs.net.nz/egg_storing.htm

By Diana (Guest Post)
Freezing Eggs 06/29/2005
Could you not use them for baking up a lot of meals and desserts in advance and freeze the results? You won't have to cook for a while and you haven't ruined the eggs. Quiches, cakes, casseroles and other things like that seem to freeze OK.
Freezing Eggs 06/29/2005
Hi,
We always froze eggs when I was growing up. We had lots of chickens. My Mom cracked the eggs into a large bowl. She then scrambled them with a fork. She took a small ladel and put them into ice cube trays. She froze them and put them into ziplock bags. She always told me that she used one egg cube to equal an egg. She used them in cooking, scrambled eggs, omletsand baking.
Enjoy your eggs!
By stormey (Guest Post)