Freezing Ground Beef

How do I freeze cooked ground beef?

Tami from TX

Answers:

Freezing Ground Beef

I cook 5 or 6 lbs. of ground beef at a time. I drain the fat and let the meat cool before I bag it up in 1 lb bags. Squeeze the excess air out and place in freezer. It sure is handy for a fast meal. (02/05/2007)

By Judy

Freezing Ground Beef

I have been doing this for years and love the convenience. I buy hamburger in bulk, crumble and fry it till browned, drain any grease, layer it on one or more cookie sheets lined with foil or waxed paper. Put in freezer. When it has frozen, break into pieces and place in Ziplock bags (any size) and keep in freezer. You can remove as much as necessary for your recipe, leaving the rest in the freezer. (02/05/2007)

By beth302

Freezing Ground Beef

I cook it and season it for either Italian or Mexican with onions, garlic, and salt, and pepper. Then drain it, and put it in Ziplock bags. I keep it in a line in the bottom of the bag, and roll it up and then Ziplock it. Make the amounts just right for each meal. When you want to make tacos or spaghetti, take out one bag and put in the fridge ahead so its all thawed and put in a bowl in the micowave to heat up. (02/06/2007)

By Lily 59