Freezing Lobster

Category Seafood
Lobster is an occasional treat for those of us who don't live near a seaport and none of it should be wasted. Using your freezer for storing lobster is a great way to preserve it for future celebrations or meals. This is a guide about freezing lobster.

Can previously frozen lobster tails be refrozen?

By John from Santa Cruz, CA

Answers

You mean you have leftovers? I'm coming to your house! LOL

You can, but it certainly will not be as good or as fresh.

How is the best way to freeze a lobster after it is cooked? I have company coming in a month or so and want to keep it as fresh as possible.

By Leora C

Answers

I wouldn't keep a lobster frozen for that length of time. I would buy fresh lobsters when your company arrives.

How do I freeze fresh lobster, cooked or uncooked?

By Marguerite F.

Answers

Anonymous

Personally, I would be squeamish for health reasons about freezing an uncooked lobster unless you have the ability to flash freeze it and you only should flash freeze a 'live' lobster because of bacteria that spreads quickly in crustaceans that have died. In the past when I found live lobsters on sale I simply cooked, cooled, separated by body part (leaving meat in the shell), patted dry and placed in freezer bags with as much air removed as possible. It will taste fresh frozen for up to six months.