Freezing Sweet Bell Peppers

Does anyone know if it is OK to freeze sweet bell peppers with the seeds? Some one told me that I could become very 'sick', is this true?

Slice the peppers and seed them. Flash freeze on a cookie sheet and put in ziplock bags. Peppers don't have to be blanched.

Never heard of freezing with seed, but here is a good reference: www.wikihow.com/Freeze-Bell-Peppers

No, it won't hurt you. But freezing them whole doesn't work so well-they get mushy when thawed. I dice mine and freeze. I use it in soups, pizza, chili. Once in awhile I blanch them first, but not always.

mom-from-missouri: thank you so much for your comment. I didn't think the sees would hurt you, but I wanted a second opinion. With the sweet bell peppers our family do eat the seeds.

What I normally do is fry them up in olive oil with garlic and seasoned black pepper--use them as a topping for any meat sandwich on Italian bread.

I don't think you would want the seed anyway, right? I'd cut them in half and remove the seeds and freeze. It's best to chop into bits, though.

I've been freezing green bell peppers for years with the seeds and we've never gotten sick.