Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
An easy supper using the fresh summer bounty!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- Add the onion and tomatoes to the chicken stock, bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes, adding remaining ingredients. Add additional seasoning if desired (I didn't).
- Let cool. Whirl with an immersion blender.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!