Week 33: Fresh Tomato Basil Soup
Fresh tomatoes are readily available in stores, farmer's markets and backyard gardens this summer. Use your bounty to make this fresh tomato soup. Feel free to add in more basil as a garnish on top when serving.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
An easy supper using the fresh summer bounty!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar (optional)
- Add the onion and tomatoes to the chicken stock, bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes, adding remaining ingredients. Add additional seasoning if desired (I didn't).
- Let cool. Whirl with an immersion blender.
- Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches on the side.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.