AdviceFrugal Living

Frugal Living Ideas

What was the one frugal choice you made this year? I am trying to cut down more on spending. Your answers will help me very much. I am also trying to stockpile, but I am having trouble getting around. Thanks.

Best Answer

I joined a new neighborhood Freecycle group on Facebook. I always belonged to Freecycle, but this group only has people in my area, and saves me gas and time.

I belong to that too. How do I find one in my local area? I find the worst during searches.

If you tell me where you live I can look it up for you.

I use the Facebook app. On the bottom right of the screen is an icon with 3 bars. If you click on that you get a new screen.

On the bottom half of the screen is explore with a list of things. Groups is on that list. Click on groups and put Freecycle in the search box. I think on the computer there is a menu on the top and you click on groups

Best Answer

First off the more you use coupons and money back saving, the more you can save each month. There are some great apps that people are now using on their smartphones that scan purchases and add money back credits to your account. Furthermore, if you need to shop, check out eBates online and join this site. You can save a lot of money on your purchases.

Thank you I do enjoy them too. I have a check coming soon.

Best Answer

I check the weekly fliers at my local stores and find the best deal. I also check to see if there are any coupons that can be clipped.

I have also been buying gift cards that I normally already go to at CVS when they have a promotion and they offer extra bucks, so I use that toward essentials I need (like toothpaste, mouthwash, etc).

Best Answer

I find magazines for discounts on www.zinio.com where you can have them sent digitally right to your email. We save trees and you save money.

As for getting around, have you considered Walmart.com? I don't like to spend there, but with a 35.00 order you can get things delivered. I don't have a car and it's very convenient!

And lastly, shop for everything you can at thrift stores. Except for my bills and such, I don't buy anything new. Hope that helps.

Best Answer

It seems that we always have a need for a gift and these can really ruin a budget so I always try to find gifts ahead of time at local thrift stores.

• Since you say you are having trouble with transportation perhaps you could think of ways to add to your income as this is another way of being frugal.
  • Selling items is a good way to add to your income - walk around your house and see what you have that you do not use or even something that you just do not want any more and consider listing it on your local auction sites.
  • Craigslist is very popular and easy to use. You may need to do a little research to find what something might sell for that is easy also.
  • You might venture on to eBay but that requires a little more time and research but it is a very popular site.

Not every area has a group on Facebook. Someone may have to start one. When you are in the Groups part of Facebook, put in Freecycle in the search box.

My group is in my immediate area, and they have photos of every item. It's great.

Thank you I sure will try.