Frugal Quilt Backing Ideas

I just recently learned to quilt and for the backing of the quilt, I used a king size sheet for my queen sized bed. I wanted a solid color and didn't want to spend $4 a yard when I could get a sheet at Walmart for $5 and get the color I wanted. I then tied it and put a binding on it and my quilt was done.

My DD did a twin quilt the same way with a double sheet. I think the only way you would have to use actual "bolt material" is if you did a quilt larger than a king, because a king flat sheet has a little over an inch of folded over material.

By Dahart from Durango, CO

More Solutions

I make many quilts for charities, as well as for other gifts. The perfect backing is a sheet. Twin size is the right size for the quilts our church makes for charities...

Crafts QuiltingJanuary 31, 2013
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Frugal-Quilt-Backing-Ideas.html