Fruit Soup Recipes

Category Fruit
Whether served warm or cold fruit soup is a delightful addition to any meal. This page contains fruit soup recipes.

My husband remembers this fondly from his childhood summers. He says he and his sister would nag his mother to make this for them. When she would finally make it, it never lasted longer than a day. Then they would start nagging her to make it all over again.

Directions:

Bring water and tapioca to a boil, take off heat and add orange juice (undiluted). Add sliced bananas, strawberries, and pineapple.

I usually double the bananas and orange juice.

Source: This is a old family recipe! My Mother-in-law got it from her Mother-in-law then passed it down to me. I look forward to passing it on to our children as well!

By Doulazahn from Raceland, LA

I like fruit soup any time of year and any time of the day!

Directions:

In a three quart casserole dish, combine all ingredients. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for one hour. Serve warm.

Servings: 6-8
Time:5-10 Minutes Preparation Time
60 Minutes Cooking Time

By Monica from Cortez, CO

I like this soup because it's good both in warm weather or cold since it can be eaten either hot or cold. The mix of ingredients is just great!

• 3/4 cup barley or pearl tapioca
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. butter
  • sugar, to taste
  • 1 cup grape juice
  • 1 1/2 quarts water

Directions:

Soak barley or tapioca in water overnight; add raisins and cook until clear. Add sugar to taste. On hour before serving, add butter, cinnamon, and grape juice. Serve hot or cold.

Servings: 6-8
Prep Time: 20 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

Place the fruit juice, water, pineapple juice, cinnamon, star anise or cloves, lemon zest, orange zest, and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil. until reduced by one-half. Strain the stock.

Recipe for Mixed Fruit Soup. Soak fruit in cold water 2-3 hours. Add sugar and cinnamon stick and cook slowly in the same water until tender. Add tapioca during the last half hour.