Fudge Not Setting Up

I made fudge, but it will not set. What can I do to save it?

Best Answer

Having read all the posts answering this question, I decided to just put my unset mixture back in the pan and heat to 237 degrees. I was sure my mistake had been to remove it from the heat too early first time round. Anyway, after reaching that temperature and then beating it to a thick consistancy, back it went into the tin and after another 30 mins it set and was fantastic. This recipe was basically sugar, evaporated milk, water and butter and a bit of vanilla extract.

Anonymous

I added ordinary milk to stop it sticking to the pan then boiled it stirred it for ages then stirred it off the heat and it set lovely.

Best Answer

Hi I made some fudge which didn't set. So I Googled for help. I ended up scrapping the fudge back into the pot with a cup of water. Heated it back up again. Done the drop of fudge into ice water then I poured fudge into the dish again to set.this time I stirred it until the shine on the fudge dulled which I didn't do the 1st time around as recipe didn't say to.

The fudge set almost instantly as I stirred it. Hope this helps some of you. It tasted lovely

I can tell you from years of experience making fudge for gifts, find a better recipe.

Eagle Brand has an excellent one which never fails and doesn't need a candy thermometer (if you can't find it, message me and I'll send it to you. In the meantime, you have an excellent ice-cream topping which might also be fun as a fruit dip.

I'd love to have the recipe please

I would love to have the recipe

Anonymous

I would love the recipe with condensed milk

Best Answer

I know what I did wrong later that evening I called my mom and told her about my fudge not setting at all !! She asked me if I had used Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk? Guess what? I ran through that same recipe she gave me and sure enough, I had chosen carnation evaporated milk instead of the right canned milk! Thanks for your answer Nordie you are awesome! The recipe is simple with right stuff lol!

Step 1
Put 2 bags of choc chips (kind of chocolate is optional, I hear dark is also yummy too) and 1 full 14oz Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (not opt, LOL) in a microwave safe bowl.

Step 2
Cook in the microwave until melted, take out and check if ready!

Step 3
Stir really well with a spoon.

Step 4
Cover a square pan with a piece of wax paper and mold to the pan. Pour and wait for it to set.

Step 5
When it's set, take a large dinner plate on top and flip the pan over onto the plate and pull off wax paper.

Step 6
Cut and serve.

It's really fantastic fudge when prepared with the Right Ingredients. God Bless Yall!

Can you give me the eagle fudge recipe that you can make without a thermometer? That would be great.

I made fudge years ago for gifts. I got the recipe from the back of the confectioners sugar box.

This recipe I got from Allreceipes. I'm so disappointed and I made 3 batches, so money also wasted. What can I do, anything???

my fudge hasn't setwhat do I do to make it set quicker

How do I fix it?

I made peanut butter fug it did not set how can I fix

My fudge didn't set what do I do

There are two considerations put it to the heat until it dries up, or contact a chemist and ask them.
Fudge is sensitive to heat, and becomes lost if any error, known or unknown occur. If you can manage to find an item that is a compliment, you might add it until it becomes thick? The chances of it working into something else, might offer you an opportunity to enter a new desert sweet?

When I think maple syrup, I think fudge as the end result of over cooking. To make maple syrup sticks, you place ice in a tray, then you pour the melted fluid over the ice, take wood stick and roll the quickly cooled result onto the stick. The result is difficult to store, bt is entertaining.

How do I get my fudge to get hard after it sets?