Fudge Not Setting Up

I made fudge, but it will not set. What can I do to save it?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

You might try these, Nordle: http://www.thri … 115322.tip.html, but I can tell you from years of experience making fudge for gifts, "find a better recipe."

Eagle Brand has an excellent one which never fails and doesn't need a candy thermometer (if you can't find it, message me and I'll send it to you. In the meantime, you have an excellent ice-cream topping which might also be fun as a fruit dip.

I'd love to have the recipe please

I would love to have the recipe

Anonymous

I would love the recipe with condensed milk

I know what i did wrong later that evening i called my mom and told her about my fudge not setting at all !! She asked me if i had used eagle brand sweet and condensed milk ? Guess what i ran through that same recipe she gave me and sure enough i had chosen carnation evaporated milk instead of the right canned milk ! Thanks for your answer Nordie you are awesome !! Recipe is simple with right stuff lol !! 2 pkgs of toll house chocolate chips (kind of choc. opt. ) I hear dark is also yummy too !! Put 2 bags of choc chips and 1 full 14oz Eagle Brand Sweet and Condensed Milk (not opt ) LOL Put in microwave until melted, take out and check if ready !! Stir really well with a spoon and before you make it cover a square pan with a piece of wax paper and mold to pan !! Pour and wait for it to set and when set take a lg. dinner plate on top and flip the pan over unto plate and pull off wax paper,cut and serve !! Really Fantastic Fudge with the Right Stuff !! God Bless Yall !!

Can you give me the eagle fudge recipe that you can make without a thermometer? That would be great.

Having read all the posts answering this question, I decided to just put my unset mixture back in the pan and heat to 237 degrees. I was sure my mistake had been to remove it from the heat too early first time round. Anyway, after reaching that temperature and then beating it to a thick consistancy, back it went into the tin and after another 30 mins it set and was fantastic. This recipe was basically sugar, evaporated milk, water and butter and a bit of vanilla extract.

my fudge hasn't setwhat do I do to make it set quicker

How do I fix it?

I made peanut butter fug it did not set how can I fix

My fudge didn't set what do I do

There are two considerations put it to the heat until it dries up, or contact a chemist and ask them.
Fudge is sensitive to heat, and becomes lost if any error, known or unknown occur. If you can manage to find an item that is a compliment, you might add it until it becomes thick? The chances of it working into something else, might offer you an opportunity to enter a new desert sweet?

When I think maple syrup, I think fudge as the end result of over cooking. To make maple syrup sticks, you place ice in a tray, then you pour the melted fluid over the ice, take wood stick and roll the quickly cooled result onto the stick. The result is difficult to store, bt is entertaining.

Hi I made some fudge which didn't set. So I Googled for help. I ended up scrapping the fudge back into the pot with a cup of water. Heated it back up again. Done the drop of fudge into ice water then I poured fudge into the dish again to set.this time I stirred it until the shine on the fudge dulled which I didn't do the 1st time around as recipe didn't say to. The fudge set almost instantly as I stirred it. Hope this helps some of you. It tasted lovely

Anonymous

I CAN'T BE FIXED

How do I get my fudge to get hard after it dets