Furnishing a Room With Lots of Windows

We just bought a house and there is a big family room (26x19). The room opens up with French doors, on your left hand side there is a door for a small closet, behind that closet there is a bathroom. On the right hand side, at the corner, there are two floor to ceiling shelves. We are planning on removing one of them to place the TV.

The rest of the room is full of windows with minimum or no wall space. At the other end of the room, there are two big windows on each side and French doors in the middle that lead you to an outside porch and then the garden.

I'm planning on getting an L-shaped sectional sofa to place facing the TV (giving the back to the backyard), anchor it with a rug and have a big square cushion ottoman in front of the sectional. I don't know what to do with the rest of the space, I'm thinking I could have some kind of a table to play board games with the kids or another seating area that faces the garden outside. I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas. Thank you!

By Caplina

You can arrange your furniture as you wish. Just make sure you have access to the windows to open or close them. Make sure the furniture is far enough from the window so you can go behind it