Furniture Finish to Coordinate With Black Bedroom Pieces?

I have a black bed and two black nightstands. I didn't buy the dresser at the time. Now I'm shopping for a dresser.

What different kinds of wood and styles can I mix with the furniture I have?

By weinerdog41 from Ft. Worth, TX

Black is a neutral color or some people refer to it as a non-color. However, being it is a neutral, anything will work with it as far as wood goes. Also any wood tone is a neutral, as well as white. Depending on the color of your bedding, you could even use a color from that for the dresser, as an accent color.

I'm no decorator, but I think maybe you already have good color choices right in your picture. I have taken a deep mauve, a deep gold beige, and a medium green from the picture and made a border with them to give you some ideas.

The silver box gave me the idea of silver drawer pulls. A couple of silver picture frames would be nice, too.

As for the dresser finish, I would stick with black or go with a white antiqued with a silver patina.

A small touch of yellow here and there might be nice, too, but nowhere near as strong as the doll's hair.

If you want a black piece of furniture, and can't locate anything that will match, suggest you go to a store that sells unpainted furniture and have them paint one for you. Let them do the painting (not you) - you'll get a very professional result.

Bring in a drawer (for color matching) and a photo of the style of the existing furniture on your phone. They can custom build you a piece that will look as though it came with the set.

We went this route trying to match a dresser to the bedroom furniture. I've been very happy for years with the result.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating FurnitureMarch 17, 2013
🎄
🍂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Furniture-Finish-to-Coordinate-With-Black-Bedroom-Pieces.html