Garden Glove Tips and Tricks

Category Helpful Hints
Garden gloves not only help protect your hands while gardening, they can also provide some unexpected benefits. This is a guide about garden gloves tips and tricks.

I coat my hands with Bag Balm before putting on my leather gardening gloves. This helps keep my hands and nails healthy while, at the same time, keeps my gloves supple. As anyone who has ever used them knows, once they are damp, they tend to dry stiff, making it difficult to put them on.

Use your gardening time to give your hands the spa treatment. Before you put on your gardening gloves, coat your hands with a thick coating of moisturizer. Rake your nails across a bar of glycerine soap to put the soap beneath your nails, and rub olive oil into the nails themselves. While you are gardening, your hands will be moisturized. When you finish, use a nail brush to remove the soap and wash your hands.

By Chris

We have been wearing rubber gloves under our winter and even gardening gloves this year. Hands stay dry, warmer, and cleaner!

It has prevented our fingers from splitting (a painful condition that no amount of lotion seems to help!) and keeps fingers warmer in the cold by holding in your body heat and keeps nails cleaner (when gardening.)

It came in handy when we got 30" of snow this week too!

I often pass by my garden, and have found that I consistently pull little weeds out from the soil. Then I have to spend a few minutes trying to get the dirt out from under my fingernails. Now I leave an extra old pair of gardening gloves outside, right by the garden.

Before I start working in my garden, I put a thick coat of lotion on my hands then I put on my cotton garden gloves. When I finish in the garden, I pull off the gloves and have very soft hands.

Want to keep your hands warm while working outside during these cold winter months?

Gardening, even with gloves on, can dry out your hands. Apply petroleum jelly or hand lotion to your hands before putting on your gardening gloves and your hands will be soft and smooth after a day of gardening.

This is a guide about preventing dirt from getting under your fingernails. Even if you wear gardening gloves, dirt often gets under your nails as you work.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This guide is about buying gardening gloves. Using the best gloves for the job, protect you hands when gardening.