Garlic Oregano Pizza Dough
This pizza dough is super flavourful and really easy to make. It also costs much less than buying pre-made dough from the shops. This makes enough dough for 2 medium pizzas or 1 extra large. It can also be use to make things like garlic knots and breadsticks. Enjoy!
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 cup warm water (110 F)
- 2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- cornmeal or flour for dusting and rolling
- In a bowl, combine yeast, sugar, and salt. Add warm water and mix together. Let sit for about 5 minutes, until bubbles form. Now it's ready to use.
- Add flour to a large bowl. Stir in oregano and garlic powder.
- Stir yeast mixture into flour mixture.
- Stir in oil.
- Using dough hooks or your hands, knead until dough comes together as a big ball. If it's too sticky, sprinkle in some flour. If it's too dry, add droplets of water, little by little.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil on the inside of a large bowl or pot. Place dough inside, cover, and let rest in a warm area for at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Dough will have expanded quite a bit. Place on a clean work surface sprinkled with cornmeal or flour. Roll out for your pizzas, breadsticks, or knots.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!