Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread Recipe
This bread makes a great side for many types of meals. This page contains a garlic Parmesan monkey bread recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You may have had sweet monkey bread before, but this savory version is perfect to serve alongside a pasta dish. It is fun to make, and just as fun to eat!
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large bowl, stir together the yeast and water. Let sit 5 minutes until yeast is foamy.
- Mix in the olive oil, salt, and flour. If using a stand mixer, with a dough hook, knead the dough for 5-6 minutes, or until elastic. If you are going to knead it by hand, knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until dough is elastic, 7-10 minutes.
- Place dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean kitchen towel. Allow it to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until dough is doubled in size. It is preferable to put the bowl in a warm place.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, parsley flakes, and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Once dough has risen, remove the towel, and punch down the dough.
- Pull off small pieces of dough (about tablespoon size), coat in garlic butter mixture, and place in the bottom of a bundt pan. Repeat this process until you have layered the bottom of the pan with dough balls.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese. Place a second layer of coated dough balls in the pan, followed by the remaining cheese.
- Cover the pan with a clean towel and allow it to double in size, approx. 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
- Turn bundt pan upside over a plate. Serve hot with a side of marinara sauce.
March 9, 20120 found this helpful
Wow, this look delicious! I can't wait to try it with some spaghetti for dinner.