Getting Rid of Bindweed or Morning Glory

I have just started a new garden and in making new beds now find sprouting up all over what I believe is the above (morning glory) which I have never encountered before. Seems to come from deep down and breaks off when pulling. How to get rid of it?

Dee

By Dee H

Why get rid of it, when it blooms in the morning, the flowers are really pretty. Get a trellis for it to climb on. My late aunt had morning glories climbing a trellis in her yard and she never had trouble with it spreading.

Morning Glories have ruined my garden spot. Completely choked out my tomato and pepper plants. It's time to plant turnip greens but I know it will destroy them too. Hate, hate them. Most invasive pest I've ever seen!

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsMay 23, 2014
🌻
🎂
📓