Getting Rid of Condensation Between Glass on Sliding Door?

I have a double glass sliding door that has condensation collect in between the glass. Sometimes it is to the point where you cannot see out of it. Does any one know a way of getting rid of this besides replacing the glass?

Best Answer

The area between the panes forms a vacuum and your problem means the seal was never any good or it has been compromised/failed and is no longer sealing your doors.

I believe almost 99% of all sits will tell you the only solution is to replace the glass or the complete door. This can be a several hundred dollar job.

There are a couple of things you can try before going that route.
Purchase tented window film (they make it to fit glass sliding doors) and when there is no moisture in the doors install this film on the inside of your doors. Be sure it fits as well as possible.

Another thing you can try:
Purchase some silicone caulk/sealant online or from an auto parts store or go to Ace or True Value Hardware store or Home Depot and ask for the best type to seal windows.

You will also need a caulking gun to apply to window edges.
If you tell the clerk how you plan to use it they will probably tell you it will not work but I know it does work as I've used it on doors when I placed used doors on my homemade hot house.
Just caulk all around the door where glass fits in frame. I did inside and outside but it can be a little messy looking.
Close your drapes when you have visitors.

Best Answer

Basically there is nothing at all you can do to stop this. The door has a faulty seal and the glass will never seal correctly. You can try to call in a window company but I am sure they can not reseal these doors. You may need to replace the doors or the glass in order to fix this problem.

Here is some trouble shooting tips for this problem -www.networx.com/.../how-to-fix-condensation-in-double...

Home and Garden Repair Home DoorsApril 11, 2020
😎
🌻
😷
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Condensation-Between-Glass-on-Sliding-Door.html