Getting Rid of Earwigs

I want to kill earwigs that are nesting in a children's playhouse.

Teresa from Surrey

Answers:

Getting Rid of Earwigs

Earwigs are great gritters in the garden as they eat all the rotten plant matter. The best safe way to get rid of them if they become a pest else where in the garden is to crumple up wet newspaper and place it inside old plant pots or used butter/margarine containers and place them around the effected areas. Earwigs feed at night and will hide in the newspapers during the daylight, so every day change the newspapers and throw them away in a plastic bag and place in the rubbish bin.

I had this problem around my veggie garden and they got inside my cauliflowers, it was so disgusting that I didn't eat any cauliflower for months and I don't grow them anymore. I also had a lot of grass clippings around my veggie patch which attracted them. I don't use mulch and am very careful now, and have no problems. I hope this helps. Cheers (06/04/2007)

By Lambchop Western Australia

Getting Rid of Earwigs

Insecticides used for cockroaches are effective (06/05/2007)

By Sarah

Getting Rid of Earwigs

What I use is soy sauce & oil. You put this in a bottle or a margarine bowl. I put holes in the side of the bottle so I can hang it on the fence to keep it away from my dog. This does kill the earwigs. The soy sauce pulls them in the bottle & the oil drowns them. Hope it works for you cause it sure does for me. (06/06/2007)

By Joyce wis

Getting Rid of Earwigs

Try putting boric acid on them, this will help. Also, Raid indoor and outdoor garden treatment spray (walmart for $4.00 per can) might help if you spray the cracks and heaters in the home, and around the windows both inside and outside. (11/08/2007)

By Josie