Getting Rid of Earwigs

Category Bugs
Earwigs are nocturnal omnivorous insects. They will eat both plants and other insects. It is their enjoyment of our flowers and vegetables that prompts the desire to rid ourselves of these hungry pests. This is a page about getting rid of earwigs.

To get rid of earwigs, roll up some newspaper with elastics, wet the paper with water which the earwigs love, then place around garden plants at night. In the morning, pick up papers, roll up ends, and throw out in garbage outside.

By Carol Oddy from Vernon, B.C.

We just moved into our new home and I have noticed a pretty decent amount of earwigs in and around our home. I just got pinched by one for the first time tonight and I don't wish to ever have it happen again. I also have two small children, two cats, and a dog, so I need something safe and effective. We do have a rotting stump in our yard, but can't afford to have it removed right now. Help?

By Milly Van A.

We are having earwigs flying onto the patio and other areas of our yard; how do I get rid of them? They will land on us and get into the house on our clothing if we are not very careful to get them off before going in, help!

By janie from Bakersfield, CA

Answers:

Getting Rid of Earwigs

I didn't know earwigs could fly. Look them up on the internet. They like to live in dead wood especially wood shavings that people use for mulch. (11/09/2010)

By Lilac

How to get rid of the "pinchy bugs"? They have the two pinchers that grab and pinch. They are black, approximately 1 inch big. I need something safe to use with children.

By Edith Crump

Answers:

Getting Rid of Earwigs

Earwigs love to live in wood shavings. If you have these around your yard you will get earwigs. They will come in your house through windows because they can crawl under the screen. Maybe you can spray the window trays where the children don't touch, like on the outside. These bugs leave a nasty sore when they bite though they are not poisonous. (07/24/2010)

By Lilac

How do you get rid of earwigs in a mailbox so they don't come back?

By Sarah from Saginaw, MI

Answers:

Getting Rid of Earwigs

Vinegar in cup, in the mailbox. (06/22/2010)

By Grandma J

I want to kill earwigs that are nesting in a children's playhouse.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsSeptember 19, 2011
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf97166541.tip.html