Getting Rid of Hornets on Hummingbird Feeders

I have hummers every year, I can get ants and bees away from the feeders, but I have the black and white bald face hornets, they are really nasty! I have tried smaller holes and moving the feeders, but I just can't get rid of them and the hummers are afraid of them big time, any suggestions?

Best Answer

I use the paper wasp nest that scares them, they are afraid of a huge nest so they stay away, just hang up on a near by spot. also you can blow air into a paper bag and tie the end and hang it, works also.

I put Avon's Skin So Soft around the little indentations that hold jelly for the orioles. The big black and white bees give up in about 3 days. They need to stand on the feeder and don't like the oil. My feeders are the flat ones that hold nectar and jelly. The yellow striped wasps are still here, but the nasty black and whites ones are gone.

I have the exact same problem. Bald faced hornets have taken over my feeders.

They chase the hummers away. I have no idea how to get rid of them. I can't find their nest.

Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsAugust 25, 2016
🌻
📓
🐛