AdvicePest Control

Getting Rid of Insects That Bite While Sleeping

My elderly mother lives with me and has recently been getting insect bites at night. The bites are about a half inch in diameter and one got infected and she had to take an antibiotic. My bedroom is next door and I am not getting bitten. We have two cats, both of them on flea control.

I live in central Florida.

Any idea what these could be and how to safely get rid of them?

By S.W.

If it were bed bugs they usually bite in a straight line. As far as whatever else it is, I would let her put on cider vinegar on her legs or whereever she is being bitten.

I am so sorry she is going through this. Here is a link that I found you might like to read:
http://www.alma … s-and-other-bugs

Blessings, Robyn

I would also inspect the mattresses and box springs and spray all over for insects and spiders.

I can not say it is what it sounds like, but sad to say, bedbugs can come from any person/animal. Mine, over 55 years ago, came from a neighbor's boxed game. We had it in the house for years. Please look on how to get rid of bedbugs to help out...a bug spray will not begin to help. (It was so bad that I still remember that out of the 9 in our family, I was the only one that was terribly bitten and infected.)

Sounds like it might be bedbugs. Get some local help from someone who might be able to identify these. Google for reliable info on how to get rid of them. Don't fool around with home remedies; your mom's health is at stake. I would call in a professional exterminator if I had this problem.