Getting Rid of Pantry Flies

There are little moth looking flies in my pantry. How can I get rid of them without using toxic poison?

the only thing that ever killed them for me, especially when they were bad is this >>>Prozap Insect Guard-- made by:Chem-Tech Ltd bar code is 9845314006

Is there any other way to get rid of these bugs? Without using chemicals? I have one curious bunny and two snooping dogs that love to open doors and sniff stuff around the house.

Anonymous

I recently had the same problem.....little moths flying all over. I found the source of their reproduction antics. I had various flour products in a pantry area. They were feasting on the flour, grains, bird seed that I stored there. I believe I brought them into the household from the bird seed I bought at my farm store. They told me that they have the same problem with moths from the bird seed. Anyway, I got rid of all the old flour, cereal, crackers, bird seed, etc., etc.

and literally starved the creatures to death. Check your stored pantry items and see if any are feeding the flock. Once you get rid of the food source for them, they will go to moth heaven. Store remainder of these type (especially grain based items) in air tight containers and you shall be free of these things without using chemicals. Spraying chemicals doesn't kill the things it only slowly kills you. Good Luck. Love, Grandma

I had this same problem....little moths flying all over the place. I found the source though and eliminated it. I had bird seed stored in an open container. The farm store told me they had similar problems with moths from the bird seed. So, I put the bird seed in an air tight container, but a problem still existed in my pantry. The little creatures had gotten into my flour, cereal, crackers and anything else grain related.

I eliminated all that infected stuff and literally starved the critters to death. Check your pantry items and get rid of anything that they may have entered and put the remainder in air-tight containers....they will all eventually go to moth heaven and you wont have to (or shouldn't ever have to) use chemicals. Good Luck