Getting Rid of Weeds in Horse Pasture?

We have a large field with horses and there are a lot of weeds they don't bother with. They just keep growing. I want to get some grass growing in the field. How do I control the weeds without harming the horses? Please help; I don't have a lot of money and I really need to get rid of them.

By Cheryl s from Clear Spring, MD

Cut the weeds. You can use a trimmer if it has a metal blade, or, for more exercise, use a weed whip or a machete (spelling?). Don't try to do it all at once though. With rain and luck, the grass will grow. You don't say how large your field is, but a lawn mower might take care of some thick patches. Cut them off and keep cutting them off, and also chop at them with a well sharpen hoe. I realize these ideas are labor intensive, but they don't cost much and will provide exercise.

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsJune 11, 2012
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-Rid-of-Weeds-in-Horse-Pasture.html