Getting a Cat to Stop Spraying?

I have a male 12 year old neutered cat (Stewart) that occasionally sprays. Now this is not a new behavior, but because of this problem, he has had to be an outside cat. I occasionally let him in and as long as I keep an eye on him he's fine. He loves to get on my lap and also sleep on my bed.

I would love him to be able to do that without watching him constantly. I am moving soon and will be staying with family. I would like to take Stewart with me and not have to leave him here even temporarily as he is older, very spoiled, won't understand, and will probably feel abandoned.

So, now that I've said all that, my dilemma: is there anything I can give him (natural remedy) that is safe, that will keep him from spraying my friend's house as he will have to stay inside?

By cshell

I've read about a product called Feliway that is supposed to help cats calm down so spraying isn't a problem. I believe it's available at some of the pet big box stores. I've never used it for my critters but I know people who have.

Stewart is adorable. I wish I knew of a way to stop cats from spraying. I would be cleaning up a lot less messes. I do use Feliway. It will stop cats from spraying to some degree, and it does calm them.

My cat will not spray where I have recently sprayed the feliway. Could you keep Stewart in a confined area at the new place? They are less likely to spray in a confined area. Perhaps a bedroom and bathroom, so he will be with you part of the time. Good luck with your move...

I have a 12 year old male cat who was beating up my other cats and spraying as well as peeing in shoes. My vet put him on Clomicalm, and he is back to being the sweetheart that he used to be. The vet said he has an age related ulcer. Take your cat to the vet. Clomicalm has worked wonders for my baby.

He is a handsome cat! I have a vet who practices traditional and holistic medicine. She gives my male cat a tincture made with apple cider vinegar and the primary ingrediant to stop the spraying. I do not know what the ingrediant is.

He sprays to mark his territory, as I have 3 cats total. There was a time, when he sprayed because he tested positive for a urinary tract infection (UTI). You may just want to make sure he does not have a UTI, as this can lead to bladder disease.

What is the holistic tincture that you have? That would be so helpful for me. I have a 11 pound Savannah male that's 8 months recently neutered and still sprays.

I bought Feliway diffuser at a ridiculous expensive price, it didn't do anything to help. I bought a Sentry cat calming collar... no help.
Clomicalm works. Its brilliant but the cat has to be checked by the vet first.

Pets CatsSeptember 24, 2011
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-a-Cat-to-Stop-Spraying-1.html