Getting a Christmas Cactus to Bloom for the Holidays?

How do I care for my Christmas cactus to have it bloom for Christmas?

In October you start to reduce the amount of water it gets. You also want to give it 12-14 hours of darkness daily. Complete instructions are here. www.gardeningknowhow.com/.../how-to-make-a-christmas-cactus-bloom...

I gave one of these lovely plants to a friend one year for Christmas and it blooms when ever it feels like. Some years multiple times and some years not at all! It never bloomed at Christmas time after the first year, which is quite ironic!

You can try to follow the directions to improve the chances, but these things have a mind of their own. Luckily they are pretty no matter what so don't stress about it and just go with the plant's flow!

Enjoy!!!

I completely agree with Pghgirl40. These gorgeous plants do as they please.
Marg from England.
P.S. I have seen Easter and Whitson cacti as well but I think they are so called because they happen to be in bloom when they are sold.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceOctober 2, 2018
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-a-Christmas-Cactus-to-Bloom-for-the-Holidays.html