Getting a Second Kitten?

I have an 8 weeks old kitten, we found him abandoned inside a box in the street when he was about 3-4 weeks.

Now he settled perfectly in our home, he started to eat solid food and he's very curious (about anything) and a very playful happy cat. I wanted get him a buddy, another kitten, who needs a home and is exactly 8 weeks old. However, I am really afraid as I am reading all over the internet (mostly about older cats of different ages) about cats fighting each other mostly really violently and the settled cat hating the new one or the opposite way.

So as the living room is the only possible space where I could put the new one (sharing with mine) I am afraid they would fight or try to kill each other.

Do you think this problem happens just when the cat is older or I can still introduce a new buddy to my kitten? And if so, until what age is it more likely they would like each other instead of fight for the territory?
Many thanks.

By Roby C.

I think your chances of succeeding are great. Young cats are not so territorial. And they really love to have a playmate. I would go right ahead and do it.

😎
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
Generated 2020-07-22 07:50:31 in 709 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Getting-a-Second-Kitten.html