Gift Mixes Using Splenda

I've found several recipes on this site for the gifts in a jar mixes (cookies, muffins, hot cocoa, etc.). I am trying to find recipes such as these using Splenda as many of my family and friends are diet conscious.

Teddygirl from WV

Answers:

Gift Mixes Using Splenda

They say anything that you can put sugar in, you can substitute Splenda for. I've tried several recipes by using Splenda instead of sugar, they've all turned out well. The only thing is when you're cooking something on the stove with Splenda, when you go to taste it, it tastes like you don't have enough Splenda in it, DON'T add more, like I did. The finished product was way too sweet! Best of luck! (11/22/2005)

By badwater

Gift Mixes Using Splenda

My understanding is that sugar and Splenda are completely "interchangeable";therefore; if the recipe uses 1 cup of sugar it can be replaced with the same amount of Splenda. I use it often and always have success with it. Should be great in the gift jars. (11/23/2005)

By Mairmie

Gift Mixes Using Splenda

Some recipes work better with Splenda Blend (follow the instructions on the back of the bag). Just be sure to let anyone with sugar restrictive diets know that there is a little sugar in the mix!

(12/04/2008)

By Shosha