Give Living Gifts

I wouldn't doubt that many of you have forsythia. I have the Lynwood Gold hybrid. Now is a good time to root cuttings for giving to friends and relatives. They are so easy to root, they will root most anywhere, under most conditions, even in a glass of water.

What are you waiting for? Snap off a few pieces, put them in damp soil in a shady place. Within two weeks you should have what I have here, (they do root quickly). You will be remembered fondly every spring!

Link: I don't have a picture of my own in bloom. Here's a link to a nice shot.

The best gifts are seeds, plants, recipes and pictures of happy times in your life.

Anonymous

I agree wholeheartedly.

Those are beautiful specimens! I no longer have these but just might be inspired to look for some as I do have fond memories of these in my past. You are right about using plants as gifts - both giving and receiving.

If all your inspirations were irons in the fire, you could brand the whole herd.

I rooted one about 8-9 years ago, it is now a huge giant. Very lovely, but give it a spacious sunny area. I did what I should not do, bent a branch down from the main tree and clipped into the dirt, it took root and I should of planted it but left it where it was so 2 trees grew together in the same area.

Home and Garden Gardening CuttingsAugust 3, 2017
🌻
🎃