These bars are great any time, but especially while still warm.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsifted powdered sugar
- 1/2-1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine margarine, brown sugar, egg yolk, and salt. Beat until creamy.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Spread thick batter in lightly greased 15x10 inch pan.
- Beat egg white just until foamy.
- Stir in powdered sugar.
- Brush sugar mixture over batter. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into bars while still warm.
By Robin from Washington, IA