Gluing Buttons to Back of Hand Mirror?

What kind of paste would I use to put old buttons on the back of a hand mirror and do I paint it first?

By Sally K

I would use either hot glue or super glue.

If you are asking if you should paint the buttons or the mirror first I would say yes on both unless you want the buttons the same color as the mirror. In that case paint all of it at the same time. You could use elmers glue, a hot glue gun or super glue. All will have the same result. I would expect, whatever glue you use, will be less permanent if you paint the buttons first unless you are only painting one side. And I would suggest, if you are painting the mirror, to leave little spots unpainted where you plan to put the buttons. This way the glue will adhere better/longer.

Just make sure, if you paint the everywhere you plan on putting the buttons, that you let the paint dry really well. Give it a couple days if not a week or more. This way the paint won't absorb the glue and the glue won't have a weaker hold.

Crafts AdviceSeptember 13, 2012
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
Generated 2020-07-23 12:42:07 in 988 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Gluing-Buttons-to-Back-of-Hand-Mirror.html