Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
July 5, 2021
Many recipes call for cream of chicken soup, however, if you are allergic to gluten, you have to watch what you use. All I have seen contain wheat. I make my own. I prepare it first when making recipes that call for cream soup. It takes just a few minutes to prepare and cook.
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: approximately 1 3/4 cups
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free chicken broth (I use Swanson)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Beef Bouillon Cubes for more flavor. I use Herb Ox
- 1/2 cup chopped chicken if desired.
- Mix cornstarch with the chicken broth and stir until dissolved.
- Add milk and garlic powder
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- (Optional) For more flavor, add beef or chicken bouillon and any other spices as desired.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens. Approximately 5 minutes.
- (Optional) Add 1/2 cup finely chopped chicken and stir well. Cook for 1 more minute until it's heated all the way through.
- Remove from heat and you are done.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.