Glutinous Rice Balls in Coconut Milk
Here's a fun weekend treat full of floating circles and bananas. It could be served either hot or cold but it's best when newly cooked paired with hot chocolate.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1 1/2 cup plantain bananas
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup tapioca pearls soaked in water for 1 hour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (for glutinous balls mixture)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (to add into coconut milk)
- 2 cups water
- Boil 2 cups of water together with tapioca pearls for 10-15 minutes or until pearls are cooked.
- While waiting for the pearls to cook, prepare the glutinous dough by mixing 1/2 cup of water to the glutinous rice flour. Mix thoroughly until it forms a dough.
- Take a small portion and roll to form into balls.
- Throw the balls into the boiling water. The tapioca pearls will absorb as much water so add more water if necessary. Continue to simmer until the balls starts floating.
- Pour the coconut milk.
- Then add the sugar and stir occasionally.
- Add the bananas and continue to simmer while still stirring mixture (this is to prevent the ingredients from sticking into the pan).
- When the bananas are cooked and the sauce becomes thick, it will be perfect for serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.