Peanut Filled Sticky Rice Balls
Current contest contender!
I have been trying to find the name of this sticky sweet treat. Until now I didn't know what it was called. Then I started thinking of how to make it. After a few experiments in the kitchen, I was able create this. I was introduced to this treat when I was a kid and it was my favorite. My aunt always gave me these every Chinese new year. She got the recipe from her Chinese clients.
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup refined sugar
- 1 cup water
- Mix flour and sugar thoroughly.
- Add water and stir very well. Texture should be a little runny.
- Steam batter for 30 to 45 minutes or until mixture becomes translucent.
- Set aside to cool. When its cool enough, grease your hands with oil or butter then take a small portion of the mixture.
- Flatten and fill center with crushed peanuts.
- Pull the edges together to close and seal. Roll with your hands to form a ball.
- Dip each ball into remaining crushed peanuts and serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!