Grapefruit Salad Recipes
This delicious salad is simple and amazingly quick to make. Greens are topped with bacon, sautéed walnuts, a boiled egg, cheese, and grapefruit bits. The finishing touch is the homemade dressing. Learn how to prepare this tasty salad from the instructions on this page.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
The inspiration for this salad came from a restaurant version that I order every year around my birthday as a fancy treat. This is very easy to make, taking as long as it takes to boil an egg, but it tastes like you put hours of time into it. I don't add oil to the dressing because of the fat content that's already there from the bacon, nuts, and eggs. The grapefruit really cuts through with its acidity and sweetness, and really takes this salad to new levels. I hope you try it!
Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 9 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 strip bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups spring mix leaves
- 1 ounce shredded cheese
- 1/2 grapefruit, skins and piths removed
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp water
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. It should boil for about 6 minutes. When it's done, pour out the hot water and replace with cold water so it stops cooking. Add bacon to a pan over medium heat. When almost crisp, add walnuts to pan and stir together. Remove from heat
- Place spring mix on a large plate and top with shredded cheese.
- Pour the bacon walnut mixture onto the spring mix and cheese. The warmth should melt the cheese a bit.
- Add grapefruit segments. Peel egg and quarter to add to dish. Mix together the vinegar, mustard and water. Drizzle over salad. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.